Packbridge is a member community that connects the packaging ecosystem for increased resilience and sustainable value. We are the largest packaging ecosystem cluster in Europe. Partially funded by Region Skåne.
In dialogue with Lund University, Packbridge has identified needs for business and higher education for a common increased understanding of each other’s needs and realities and arrived at the forms for a business-based course package as below.
The result is a commissioned education, meaning it is intended for employers who wish to send their employees for further education. This course is online and contains three modules, which includes: Packaging logistics, SDG and packaging, and Circular economy and packaging.
The overall aim of this course is to provide the course participants with fundamental knowledge and perspectives regarding packaging logistics and sustainability. With increased knowledge and new perspectives this in turn, aims for better understanding of packaging logistics and its role in sustainable practices and strategies.
The course is mainly aimed at Packbridges members found in many different industries:
- Packaging company
- Suppliers to packaging companies
- Manufacturer of packaging equipment
- Food producers
- Brand owner
- Logistics company
- Industry organizations and institutes
The course’s target group is broad and can include employees at different levels within:
- Product development
- Business development/Innovation
Course content and plan
The course is online and carried out by whenever and wherever oneself wants within a period of three months.
The course includes the following parts:
- Three course modules
- Fundamentals of packaging logistics
- Packaging and UN’s Sustainable Development Goals 2030
- Circular economy and packaging
- where each course module consists of
- Literature to read (2-3 papers/reports)
- A video and slides providing an overview of the topic
- A quiz for examination – based on the content covered in the literature and video
Objectives and learning outcomes
The objective of the course is to provide a foundation for the integrative view of packaging and logistics and its role in supply chains. Key learning outcomes are:
- explain the different components and functions of packaging systems
- define and describe the role of packaging systems and its interactions with logistics systems
- understand how supply chain sustainability can be improved by packaging logistics approaches
This course is free of charge for Packbridge members
Those who register in February will be able to start the course from 15/3. It will be open for studies until 31/8.
Expected time to spend per module (3 per course) is approx. 2-5h.
A new round of the basic course starts in autumn 2024.
Programme contains two courses; ”Fundamentals of Packaging Logistics and Sustainability” and ”Fundamentals of Sustainable packaging”. In this application form, ”Fundamentals of Packaging Logistics and Sustainability” (free of charge) is covered.