WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES PACKBRIDGE COLLECT AND FROM WHOM?
The personal data that Packbridge collects may, depending on the context, include: names and contact details, including address, telephone number and e-mail address: purchase history; delivery and billing information and payment information; application documents such as CVs and personal letters including education and work experience, as well as photographs and personality tests, where applicable; and password to our website. Your personal data may be collected from the following sources: our home page; e.g. when you become a member of our network, start subscribing to our newsletter, or sign up for one of our events or projects; when you contact us via email or phone; by agreement, invoice or other business contact, if you are a contact person for one of our contract partners; and / or from our accounting firm.
WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Packbridge may use your personal information for the following purposes and on the basis of the following legal grounds:
- Execution of contracts: To administer your membership in Packbridge, to handle orders, purchases, payments and deliveries and communication with you in connection therewith, to be able to offer purchase history and to carry out recruitment procedures.
- Fulfilling legal obligation: We save invoice documents and recruitment documents in accordance with applicable legislation.
- Eligible interest: To be able to communicate with you via e-mail, to be able to defend us against any legal claims, for sending communications and marketing to you, customer surveys, for improvement and development of Packbridge’s products and services and for statistical purposes.
- Consent: In the event that you have applied for a job with us, but have not received an offer of employment, we will contact you to ask if you would like us to retain your application documents for a certain period of time for any future vacant positions. In some cases, we also send out marketing to you who have given your consent to it.
STORING PERSONAL DATA
Packbridge takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is processed and stored securely. Your personal data will never be stored for longer than is permitted by applicable law and to achieve the purposes stated above. Your personal data is processed by us during the periods specified below. We then delete your personal information.
- Member: Your information is stored as long as you are a member of Packbridge, unless we need to save your information for any other reason stated below.
- Company Contact Person: Your information is stored as long as you are listed as a contact person for a company that has a business relationship with Packbridge.
- Communication: If you contact Packbridge via e-mail, for example, your personal data will be stored for as long as necessary to complete the contact.
- Job Applicant: Packbridge saves your application documents including your resume, personal letter and possibly photo, during the recruitment process and for a period of two years thereafter so that we can defend ourselves against potential legal claims. If we have your consent to save your application documents for any future recruitment, we will do so for two years.
- Legal obligation: Packbridge saves such documentation that constitutes accounting information in accordance with current accounting rules.
- Direct marketing: If you are our customer, we may process your personal data for direct marketing as long as our customer relationship exists and for a period of one year thereafter.
- Consent: In cases where we process your personal data with the support of your consent, we will only save your personal data as long as we have your consent to it. This applies, for example. when sending out direct marketing.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
In cases where we process your personal data because you have given your consent to it, e.g. Regarding the storage of application documents, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the contact details below. Such revocation may be made in whole or in part. If you do not wish to receive marketing and advertising offers from us, you can revoke your consent by contacting customer service or, by direct mail via e-mail, through a link in the current mailing.
According to the Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of rights, namely: You have the right to see what personal data Packbridge processes about you. You have the right to have your personal data corrected and updated if they are incorrect, incomplete or misleading. You have the right to have the personal data Packbridge has registered if you deleted or the processing of your personal data limited, in accordance with applicable law. In some cases, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and to request that your personal data be transmitted in an electronic format. If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw the consent, which means that the processing will then cease, unless continued processing is not necessary according to any other legal basis.
In order to exercise any of your rights above, you must send us a written request on the contact details you find below, under “Contact”. The request must be signed by you and include your name, your census, telephone number and e-mail address. Packbridge will, within one month of receipt of your request for registry extracts, send this by mail to your Census Address. Upon request for corrections and / or deletion of your personal data, Packbridge will investigate whether the conditions for the request are met and, if so, make changes or deletions as soon as possible. Packbridge may reject a request that is either unreasonably repetitive, requires disproportionate technical measures (such as developing a new system), affects the protection of others’ personal data, or in situations where a desired action may be considered extremely complicated (for example, the request for data that exists exclusively as backups). In some cases, your rights may be restricted to protect other people’s privacy, corporate secrets or intellectual property rights. You may file a complaint with the Data Inspectorate if you believe that Packbridge’s processing of your personal data is not in accordance with applicable law.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A JOB AT PACKBRIDGE
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Packbridge protects your personal information and has created internal information security rules, which contain instructions and measures that protect your personal data from unauthorized disclosure and against unauthorized access or knowledge of it. Packbridge has established procedures for assigning access rights to those of our employees who process sensitive personal information and data, which provides awareness of personal interests and habits. Packbridge’s security routines are continually revised in the light of the latest technological developments. In addition to Packbridge’s internal system, Packbridge uses external suppliers of IT services, IT systems, payment solutions, etc. In cases where Packbridge uses personal data assistants, personal data access agreements are always concluded with such service providers, in accordance with the Data Protection Regulation.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding Packbridge’s processing of your personal information, you may contact us in writing:
Packbridge AB, GDPR Manager
211 19 Malmö
Integrity Policy in Swedish
This page was last updated July 2021