Packbridge is a member community that connects the packaging ecosystem for increased resilience and sustainable value. We are the largest packaging ecosystem cluster in Europe. Partially funded by Region Skåne.
Through DigIT Hub AI, Packbridge provided FrontPac with the opportunity to receive guidance in the use of artificial intelligence to streamline operations.
FrontPac is a manufacturing business that has existed since 1982. The company has 150 employees and delivers packaging to European customers (approx. 50% goes to export).
FrontPac identified two areas to streamline with AI, areas that required a lot of time through manual labour:
- Recalls/forecast from one of the company’s major customers. They have about 15 delivery addresses and 260 articles. At each delivery address, FrontPac must check each item for recalls.
- Safety data sheets on printing inks and more. FrontPac receives 15-20 safety data sheets (SDS) per week, which must be read. The information must be compiled for the production staff. In the event of an accident or spill, information must be quickly found outside the factory.
Take a look at the results below.
About the project
DigIT Hub AI project activities provided small and medium-sized companies with new knowledge and tools for implementing artificial intelligence (AI) solutions in the existing business operations. The project primarily targeted business development areas that contribute to new value creation, sustainability and equality.
The initiative, called DigIT Hub AI, was part of the EU’s ambition to use digital technology to stimulate a green and sustainable recovery after the pandemic.
PARTNERS: Blue Science Park, IUC Syd, Jämställd Utveckling Skåne, Lunds universitet, Malmö universitet, Media Evolution, Netport Science Park, Packbridge, Sustainable Business Hub, Techtank
DURATION: December 2021 – October 2023
FUNDED BY: European Regional Development Fund, Region Skåne, Region Blekinge
WHAT’S IN IT FOR SME’S:
- New knowledge – the project activities helped businesses understand and identify the business value of artificial intelligence
- AI-readiness assessmennt – project participants had a chance to perform AI-maturity scans and plan appropriate next steps
- Implementation support – selected companies was guided towards the implementation of pilot AI initiatives in their organisation.